Annual Report Instructions
The 2015-2016 Annual Report for the American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) is now available online to complete. Completing the web-based report will be much easier if you collect the following information beforehand:
- The ACGME 10-digit identification number for your thoracic surgery training program(s) (traditional and/or integrated). If you do not know the identification number, you can find it on the ACGME web site at http://www.acgme.org/ads/public/.
- A list of ABTS board-certified faculty members in your program, including their titles and email addresses.
- Email addresses for each resident.
- Last four-digits of the Social Security Number for each resident in your program.
- Date of Birth for each resident in your program.
- Graduation year from medical school for each resident.
- A phone number for each resident in your program.
- Start/End dates for each thoracic surgery PGY years for each resident (for example, PGY 6-7 for traditional residents or PGY 1-6 for integrated residents) along with each resident’s expected graduation date.
To complete the Annual Report, please read and follow the instructions listed below.
1. To start the Annual Report, please go to the Board’s web site (www.abts.org). On the left-side navigational bar, select “Annual Report” found under Program.
2. Enter your Program User ID and Password. If you do not know this information, please contact Manoli Valencia at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 312-202-5975.
3. At the top of the screen you will see the following five tabs: Program Profile, Resident Roster, Faculty, Reports, and Important Notices. Click on Program Profile.
4. Review the contact information for the Program and Program Director. Some fields have been pre-populated and can be edited. A few fields, such as the name of the Program Director cannot be edited. If you need to change a field that cannot be edited, you will need to send an email to Manoli Valencia at email@example.com.
5. When you are done editing the Program Profile, click on the “Save Data” button to save the information.
6. On the right side of the Program Profile page, enter the type of training program(s) you have and enter the ACGME 10-digit identification number(s).
7. Next, list or verify the number of residency positions currently approved by the ACGME.
8. Next, list the number of residents that have filled the position as of July 1, 2015.
9. Click on the “Save Data” on the page.
10. Once you are done editing and updating the Program Profile tab, click on the Resident Roster tab. A list of your residents that are currently on file with the Board will appear on the screen. Click on the first resident’s name.
11. Edit and/or update the contact information for the resident. Click on the “Save Individual Data” button.
12. Click on the type of training program for the resident.
13. Enter all of the PGY years pertaining to the resident’s thoracic surgery training. Include start and end dates and residency status. Select “Resident” if the individual is still in your program. If the individual is no longer in your program, select “Graduated” or “Terminated” depending on which one applies. Be sure to enter the date when the resident graduated or terminated from your program. Click Update.
14. Please feel free to make any comments in the notation box. Click on the “Save Individual Data” button when you are done.
15. When you have completed the information on the resident, click on the Back Button on your browser. You will be returned to the main page of the Resident Roster. Click on the next resident’s name and complete the form for this individual.
16. If you need to add a resident to your Resident Roster, click on “Add Record” button. Enter the data into the fields provided for the new Resident.
17. When you have completed the Resident Roster, click on the Faculty tab and review the data provided for each faculty member. The faculty members listed should only be those that are ABTS board-certified. Please note that the faculty members listed on this page will be asked to provide an evaluation for each resident upon application for certification.
18. If you need to add/delete/change any of the information listed for the faculty, provide the information in the notation field. The Board will make the changes, since the data on this page is read-only. Please note that the Board will need to verify email address changes with faculty members before making the change.
19. When completed, click on the Resident Roster, and hit the Finalized Report button at the bottom of the page. The 2015-2016 Annual Reports are due by Tuesday, September 8, 2015.